Which airport is the best to fly into for National Assembly held at the Washington Hilton?
For travel to the Washington Hilton, located at 1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009, the recommended airport is Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) which is 8 miles away.
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately 27 miles from the hotel.
However, you can schedule flights into and out of any of the area airports – IAD (Washington Dulles International), DCA (Reagan National Airport), or BWI (Baltimore Washington International.)
What is the dress for the National Assembly?
National Assembly dress is at your discretion. However, in most cases, attendees in the past have been dressed business casual and/or casual.
What is the dress code for the trip to Capitol Hill?
For those going to Capitol Hill, many will want to wear business casual or casual. Keep comfort in mind since you will be in downtown Washington, DC, and the heat and humidity are a factor. Comfortable shoes are a must.
For more information, click here.
Where do I pick up my registration packet and badge?
There will be a registration desk at the hotel, the Washington Hilton, and all your information will be there. Registration Desk Hours will be posted shortly.
When should I arrive?
This will depend on activities that you plan to participate in prior to the Assembly. Such as:
- NEB members & NEB Observers: Should arrive on Sunday, June 16 in order to attend the NEB meetings on Monday, June 17 and Tuesday, June 18.
- State Executives: Should arrive in time for the meeting and reception scheduled Monday, June 17 and meeting scheduled for Tuesday, June 18 at 8:00 a.m.
- State Editors: Should arrive in time for the meeting scheduled for Tuesday, June 18 at 8:00 a.m.
- For those participating in Advocacy Day: Arrive Tuesday, June 18 in time for the 5:00 p.m. Reception and 5:30pm Orientation, and Hill visits on Wednesday, June 19.
- For all others: Division board meetings and Society/Council (President’s Cabinet) meetings begin Friday, June 21 at 1:30pm, please plan to arrive on Thursday, June 20, if not participating in Hill Day. The official start of the National Assembly is 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 20.
*Please note this is a year in which candidates are presented to the Assembly.
How early can I schedule my departing flight on Friday, June 21st?
The National Assembly officially ends on Friday, June 21, at 4:00pm. You can schedule flights out of area airports – DCA (Reagan National Airport), IAD (Washington Dulles International), or BWI (Baltimore Washington International) as early as the evening of Friday, June 21st, but most will schedule for Saturday, June 22nd. Reagan National Airport is the closest airport to the Hilton, therefore, if flying out of one of the other airports, please plan accordingly.