2022 Call for Applications:
Society for Research in Music Education (SRME)
The Society for Research in Music Education seeks applications for three vacancies on the Society’s Executive Committee (EC). The term for service is six years, beginning January 1, 2023. The EC is the governing body of the Society and collaborates with and advises the leadership of NAfME on research-related matters. The EC oversees the research sessions and structures of selected NAfME conferences, two research journals (the Journal of Research in Music Education and Update: Applications of Research in Music Education), the Special Research Interest Groups (SRIGs), the NAfME-SRME Research Grants, and the Senior Researcher Award. The EC supports the work of the State Research Chairs and the research activities of the affiliated State music education associations.
- Membership in NAfME and the Society for Research in Music Education at the time of initial application and for the entire period of service.
- Strong record of research publications and presentations.
- Commitment to serve a full term and attend all meetings of the EC (virtual throughout the year and in-person before the Biennial Conference).
- Earned doctorate in music education or music.
- Experience in guiding graduate research projects, particularly doctoral-level research, gained as a faculty member at a graduate degree-granting institution.
- Sustained involvement in research activities of NAfME at the state, divisional, or national level.
SRME members can serve in no more than one SRME-affiliated leadership post at one time and must complete a full term in one post to qualify for any other SRME-affiliated leadership post. A two-year hiatus is required if applying for the same post.
To apply, submit one document that includes (1) a letter of interest and (2) curriculum vitae. All application materials must be submitted electronically with the subject: “2022 SRME EC Application.” Name the single PDF containing the letter and CV as follows: applicant’s last name.SRME EC 2022. Submit your nomination packet to John Donaldson (email@example.com) by September 1, 2022. The selection process and formal approval by the SRME EC and NAfME will take approximately three months.