Start a Chapter • Chapter Materials • Collegiate Member Benefits • Recruitment • Music In Our Schools Month and Your Chapter • Recognition Program • Collegiate Advocacy Summit • Collegiate Dues and First-Year Teacher Discount • FAQs • Financial Aid and Fundraising • Logos
2019 NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit
June 17-19, 2019
Be a Force for Your Students and Your Career!
Don’t miss this opportunity to join us in Washington, D.C., this June, for mentoring and professional development that will empower you to be the advocate you need to be, for yourself, and for your students. Help lead our next steps in this new era for music education.
- Hotel room block information to come.
- Washington Hilton
1919 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20009
- Washington Hilton
- Please stay tuned for registration, travel, and agenda information to become available in early 2019.
Congress may seem a million miles away, but it isn’t. YOUR passion and engagement helped upend No Child Left Behind to bring about the new Every Student Succeeds Act, and just recently, you’ve garnered tremendous support for the GAAME Act: legislation which will improve student access to sequential, standards-based music education taught by licensed educators.
Hill Day 2018 was a massive success. Collegiate delegates from thirty-one states advocated for music education in over two hundred congressional meetings, illuminating a promising future for the arts:
- 79% of offices indicated support for Title IV funding, with 69% signaling support for full funding of Title IV, Part A.
- 99% of offices expressed interest in supporting music education in some capacity, such as more federal funding to support education in general, connection to Career Technical Education, and development of culturally diverse music curricula.
- 72% of offices were identified as potential co-sponsors of the GAAME Act. Since Hill Day, the bill’s list of co-sponsors has grown by more than twenty members.
Take a look at our Hill Day 2018 Recap Video to learn more about this year’s Collegiate Advocacy Summit!
“If you want to 1) experience a crazy range of emotions in a few short days; 2) make hundreds of new friends and professional connections from all over the country; 3) improve your own Collegiate NAfME Chapter; and, 4) have a ton of fun while learning about how to advocate for music education, I highly suggest you check out the Collegiate Advocacy Summit and experience it for yourself. You definitely won’t regret it!”
– BriAnna (Bri) Crook, NAfME collegiate member
“Since I traveled to Washington, D.C., I have been able to get a better understanding of how everything works at the national level, including music education. I now have a better grasp of how the funding for education works, and how serious of a fight it can be for the funding of education in general.”
– Nick Hoskins, NAfME collegiate member
NAfME is the established national voice for music education and we want YOU to be in Washington, D.C., in June for this exciting event. It’s the chance of a lifetime to carry your passion for music education to Capitol Hill. Stay tuned for further details regarding the 2019 Collegiate Advocacy Summit.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 703-860-4000