Start a Chapter • Chapter Materials • Collegiate Member Benefits • Recruitment • Music In Our Schools Month and Your Chapter • Recognition Program • Collegiate Advocacy Summit • Collegiate Dues and First-Year Teacher Discount • FAQs • Financial Aid and Fundraising • Logos
Stay tuned for 2019 Collegiate Advocacy Summit information.
2018 NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit
June 26-28, 2018
Tysons Corner, VA
Congress may seem a million miles away, but it isn’t. Just recently, YOUR passion and engagement helped upend No Child Left Behind and bring about a new federal education bill that will help more students get access to music education. See all the details on the new Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Registration is now open for the 2018 NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit! Register here.
- Make your hotel reservation:
- Sheraton Tysons Hotel
(Event hotel. Please note, hotel is booked for Tuesday evening. Link is directly to discounted room block of $179 per night. Reserve by May 29th.)
- Quality Inn Tysons Corner
(Telephone the Quality Inn and ask for sales. You must request “Music Education Block” to get the discounted rate of $109 per night. Reserve by June 8th.)
- Marriott Residence Inn Tysons Corner
(Link is directly to discounted room block of $279 per night. Reserve by June 8th.)
- Sheraton Tysons Hotel
- Tentative Agenda
- Shareable Flyer
Be a Force for Your Students and Your Career!
This is just the beginning of a new day for music education. We must help states, districts, and schools interpret and implement the new law of the land. There’s a lot more work to do!
Don’t miss this opportunity to join us in Washington, D.C., this June, for mentoring and professional development that will empower you to be the advocate you need to be, for yourself, and for your students. Help lead our next steps in this new era for music education.
- Go “behind the scenes” as we meet face-to-face with U.S. legislators and their staffs in Senate and Representative offices on the Hill.
- Enjoy a wonderful evening reception and awards dinner, as you meet and network with NAfME state and national leaders.
- Participate in leadership and advocacy training that you can take back to share with your chapter and use in your career.
NAfME is the established national voice for music education and we want YOU to be in Washington, D.C., in June for this exciting event. It’s the chance of a lifetime to carry your passion for music education to Capitol Hill.
Music Education Champion Award
Bestowed only upon select, fitting occasions over the course of NAfME’s 100+ year history, the award recognizes personal commitment to the promotion of the music education cause, both through engagement with policymakers and outreach to potential supporters. Previous winners of the award include:
- CMA (Country Music Association) Foundation
- Crossroads Quartet, Barbershop Quartet
- Sarah Darling, American country music singer and songwriter;
- Andrew Dost, American musician & multi-instrumentalist of indie rock band “Fun.”
- San Fermin, an eight-piece band based in Brooklyn, NY
Our 2018 Music Education Champion Award winner will be joining us for Hill Day 2018. It is a distinct privilege and honor to work with individuals of the caliber in support of music education.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to advocate with these amazing musicians!
Registration closes when we reach 125 attendees.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 703-860-4000