Pennsylvania Music Teacher Evaluation
Music educators in Pennsylvania are being evaluated on the following:
This data will be based on the 4 Danielson Framework Domains: Planning and Preparation, Classroom Environment, Instruction, Professional Responsibilities
Building Level Data 15%
This data may include: indicators of academic achievement, indicators of closing the achievement gap for all students, indicators of closing the achievement gap for subgroups, academic growth PVAAS, other academic indicators, credit for advanced achievement
Elective Data 35%
Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
– District designed measures and examinations
– Nationally recognized standardized tests
– Industry certification examinations
– Student projects pursuant to local requirements
– Student portfolios pursuant to local requirements
Individual teachers or groups can develop SLOs using this template.
More information is available at the Music Educator Effectiveness page on the PMEA website including a PowerPoint presentation, webinar, and an example of a student learning objective.