Evaluation standards for teachers:
- Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- Teachers know the content they teach.
- Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- Teachers reflect on their practice.
Beginning in 2011 – 2012, a sixth standard for teachers will evaluate the extent to which they affect student growth. In order to evaluate student growth (standard #6), North Carolina is implementing MSLs (Measures of Student Learning) or Common Exams in all content areas. Currently, they do not have an MSL in place for the Arts.
More information is available at: http://www.ncpublicschools.org/educatoreffect/
More information about Measures of Student Learning in the arts is available at: http://ances.ncdpi.wikispaces.net/AEs+for+Arts+Education