The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is excited to announce this year’s National Conference, November 6-10, 2019:
Session proposals portal is now closed.
Come join us in Orlando, Florida, as we dive deeply into what we do as music educators to support our students each and every day. The following content strands will allow you to share your own practices, collaborate with colleagues from across the United States, and present your toolkit of supports, ideas, models, and activities.
The 2019 National Conference will focus on the following areas:
- Amplify: Creativity – How do we create a learning environment which supports student voice, creativity, collaboration, and choice – whether via composition, improvisation, in current ensembles, or other pathways for creative musical endeavors?
- Amplify: Student Engagement – How do we engage all students daily within our classrooms and throughout our school as they create, perform, respond, and connect to music?
- Amplify: Instruction – How do we expand instructional practices to support student ownership, voice, choice, and assessment in a standards-based, high-quality music education?
- Amplify: Access – How do we guarantee and expand access to music education for every student in our school sites and classrooms, which could involve parents, administration, and other outside connections?
- Amplify: Community – How do we successfully create a musical community within our schools and/or beyond the school walls in urban, rural, or suburban settings?
- Amplify Inspiration Showcase – In addition to the Amplify themes, there will be a showcase of research and quality classroom practice in an informal, “poster session” format. With 3 feet of table, what can you share with your colleagues? Bring your ideas to inspire others! Click here to view a brief video explainer. Last year’s poster session was an attendee favorite, with high energy and great discussions. Bring your ideas to the table and inspire others!
Have something of value to bring to these discussions? We encourage you to submit a proposal for a session, a hands-on workshop, and/or a poster to showcase what you do in your classroom.
- Sessions should be hands-on, interactive, and engaging.
- Action or traditional research-based sessions are welcomed in addition to those with multiple presenters.
- Proposals are welcome in all existing and expanding pathways of PreK-16 music education.
All proposal forms are now due by February 10, 2019, 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
If you have questions or problems regarding the submission process, please email JJ Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 11, 2019
January 11, 2019. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)