The National Association for Music Education is pleased to announce the following recipients of the 2015 Professional Achievement Recognition.
- Jon Crust, Bemidji State University, advisor – Jeff Sands
- Andrew Steck, Butler University, advisor – Penny Dimmick
- Kelly Brooks, Kelvin Flores, & Kelly McCarley, California State University-Northridge, advisor – Mary Schliff
- Christina Bailey, Georgia College, advisor – Patti Tolbert
- Kyle Benaburger & Kailyn Tropeano, Hofstra University, advisor – Cindy Bell
- Neil Hicks, Indiana University, advisor – Peter Miksza
- Amy Royal, Louisiana Tech University, advisor – Gregory Lyons
- Ben Davenport, Milligan College, advisor – Noah Delong
- Monika Szumski, Montclair State University, advisor – Marissa Silverman
- Kathryn Jackson, Morehead State University, advisor – Susan Creasap
- Megan Gallagher, Slippery Rock University, advisor – Kathleen Melago
- Alexandra Chavez, Madeleine Cort, & Amanda Johnson, University of Colorado-Boulder, advisor – David Rickels
- Daniel Dorsett, Abigail Egenolf, Abigail House, Owen Hunter, Katelyn Myers, Savannah Shively, Joel Walters, Daniel Watson, University of Indianapolis, advisor – Brenda Clark
- Chelsea Steinberg, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, advisor – Sara Jones
- John Norman, University of Tennessee-Martin, advisor – Johnathan Vest
- Emilee Deck, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, advisor – Alena Holmes
The purpose of the Professional Achievement Recognition is to recognize individual NAfME Collegiate members for their commitment and dedication to NAfME and music education. This recognition is given to NAfME Collegiate members who have served their chapters in an exemplary manner. Congratulations to these outstanding students and their advisors!
Collegiates, looking for other ways to get involved? Learn why you should attend the NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit this June!
Ronny Lau, Special Assistant, Center for Advocacy and Constituency Engagement, April 23, 2015. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org).