Reply To: MFA question

Frontpage Forums Future Teachers MFA question Reply To: MFA question



Unfortunately, there is no national certification that all states recognize. Each state recognizes degrees differently (for compensation purposes basically). My best guess is that a Master’s in Music Education would suit you best and it is most likely ensure that any state would recognize it. I think you already qualify with your Bachelor’s degree. Several teachers in North Carolina hold Master\’s degrees in Conducting. Fortunately, the state recognizes the Master’s degree because they already hold a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education.