Creating a Music K-5 Program from scratch

Frontpage Forums General Music Creating a Music K-5 Program from scratch

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nafmeadmin 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I am currently hired as a 4th grade general education teacher, but I do see the need for music. My BA is in Music-Liberal Arts, and although I am not a full time music teacher, I have been able to gain an “elective” of music. I teach each 4th grade class for 30 mins one day a week. I feel this is still better than nothing, however I get requests to see if I could go to other grade levels.

I am wondering if anyone has ever created a Music Education proposal to go before a school board. I feel that this would be the most logical step, due to the fact that my administrator has helped me as far as he can financially, and the school board controls the budget.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Calvin-Paul Stewart
    4th Grade Teacher

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Hello Calvin-Paul! Yes! how wonderful it will be to share the importance of music education to the school board. From experience, students and parents have the best impact. Have several students speak, along with the parents and then you can follow up with a plan. Here is a wonderful resource with many docuements and data you can use to do this. https://www.nammfoundation.org/get-involved
    I hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.