Greetings from the Composition Mentor for May

Frontpage Forums Music Composition Greetings from the Composition Mentor for May

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nafmeadmin 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Hello! I am Paul Siskind, and I will be the forum’s Composition Mentor for May.

I am a professional composer, and am currently on the faculty of the Crane School of Music, SUNY-Potsdam. Even though I have taught primarily at the college level, I have been involved with teaching composition to primary and secondary-aged students for more than 20 years, including activities such as the opera-in-the-schools program with Minnesota Opera, and the NYSSMA Composition Committee.

I invite questions on any composition-related topic, e.g. pedagogical, technical, practical, aesthetic, etc. Please don’t be shy about asking anything, and certainly do not feel that any question is too simplistic or naive to ask! (We all say that to our students; but somehow, we often forget that when we interact with our own colleagues!)

In that vein, one topic which particularly interests me is encouraging music teachers who aren’t themselves active as composers to introduce composition in their curricula; and offering tools and suggestions of how anyone can tap into their own musicianship and experiences with music to coach students in their composing endeavors.

I look forward to our discussions.
    …Paul

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Music Composition’ is closed to new topics and replies.