Guitar Concert Field Trip?

Frontpage Forums Guitar Guitar Concert Field Trip?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I teach a Guitar Ensemble class to 9-12th grade students. I am looking to take my kids on a field trip to hear some live music. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look to find a concert to take the students to? I already have an email in to two local colleges, but haven’t heard back yet.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

The question is where is the school? How far are you willing to go? You want to find a concert that will keep their attention. If you’re talking guitar centric finding a concert featuring a guitar soloist (depending on the repertoire of the soloist) may not keep the student’s attention. A concert that incorporates an ensemble will be more appealing. An Irish band or a flamenco group come to mind. Taking them to a symphony is another thought. How about a musical?

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

The biggest question is where is your school located? If your in a smaller rural area then lager guitar ensemble or guitar related performances might be hard to come by. Colleges are a great place to start. Check with other areas guitar ensemble directors. You might be able to put together a mini festival and perform for each other.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Guitar’ is closed to new topics and replies.