HS Music Theory

Frontpage Forums General Music HS Music Theory

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I’m starting my first year full-time high school choral director and I will also be teaching music theory and advanced music theory. I am looking for a plastic keyboard as a visual guide for my students to be able to use at their desks when they are doing tests/quizzes and things of that nature. I saw this in a school I did a demo lesson at but don’t know the brand name or where I can order them from. It’s literally 1-2 octaves of a keyboard, it makes no sound and is made out of plastic. Can someone help me in tracking down what I’m looking for?

Thank you!! And if you have any suggestions please let me know! I want as many ideas as I can find.
    -Kevin

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I would do a simple DIY version: find an image similar to what you need on Google Images. If you can only find an octave keyboard image, copy / save it, put it on a Word document and paste it again (horizontal orientation). Then print however many copies you need, back them on some oaktag / thick paper and laminate them. In my area there’s a Lakeshore Learning Store; they have cheap laminating — 19 cents per square foot; you operate the machine.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this process in my career with poster ideas found online, classroom signs etc. …. I used to bring things to Staples to be laminated, but they charge a lot. Your school may also have a laminator.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.