Need vocal help

Frontpage Forums Choral Need vocal help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I have been a band director for 25 years and a professional vocalist as well. I have taught middle school for the majority of those years and am a drama and volleyball coach as well. The problem is that I am losing my voice and am really seeing a change in my ability to sing. Although I have excellent discipline in my bands, I still have to talk over the constant movement and chatter of youngsters who cannot be quiet or sit still…as those of you who teach MS know. I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area and wanted to find out if anyone could recommend a good ENT in this area that specializes in vocalist issues…and a vocal therapist/coach. I try to maintain good vocal health but I have to talk from 7 AM to 7:30 PM….I can never be quiet long enough to rest…I gotta work….does anyone have any suggestions? Your input would be greatly appreciated…

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I live in California, but I have friends in your area. Contact me at ahamre@csufresno.edu if you are still looking for help, and I will connect you with someone who might be able to help.

Dr. Anna Hamre
    Director of Choral Activities
    California State University, Fresno

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Choral’ is closed to new topics and replies.