Timpani brands/models?

Frontpage Forums Band Timpani brands/models?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I teach band for 5th grade-8th grades at my school. We are in the fortunate position to be able to purchase 2 timpani. Which brands and models do you prefer? Money is at about $2 or 2.5K right now, but I think I might be able to get another $2K or more through donations/grants. I am open to new or quality used timpani. My bands each have about 20/25 students, we perform in the school gymnasium (wheels are a must), and we rehearse in my carpeted, regular-classroom-sized band room which has a max occupancy of 47. When my band students “graduate” from 8th grade they have wonderful opportunities to be involved in excellent high school band programs which are highly regarded in our area. Like all educators, I want to make sure that these students have the best musical experience that they can have and that they are prepared and excited about continuing in high school.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

The old standbys are the Ludwig Standard. For Middle School, I’d recommend fiberglass drums. They’re a lot easier for the kids to move, and they won’t dent like the copper will. Fiberglass drums are also less expensive.
    jg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Band’ is closed to new topics and replies.