Welcome to the new forums. Link to the old forums, too.

Frontpage Forums Band Welcome to the new forums. Link to the old forums, too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new band forum. So as not to lose all the good ideas and information, the old forums can still be viewed at http://69.33.175.14/forums. However, posting is not enabled, so they’re for viewing only. For questions that were recently posted on the old forums, please start a new thread here. We look forward to seeing discussions on the new NAfME forums.

Linda Brown
    NAfME Staff

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I hope everyone in the old community will be notified of the change!- it was such a great resource!! I’d been trying to get to the old forum for a week and it just popped in my head to look here. Also, FYI: the link above will not load.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I agree, might need to send another email to make sure everyone knows what is going on.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Or better yet, leave the old forum up with an announcement!!

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I think that it was very poorly planned to shut down the old forum and not just re-format/update. That whole wealth of knowledge, while not lost, will go unused because someone thought it would be easier to just start over again. This thread is already buried on page two and it took me 4 weeks to figure out what was going on. I have been a part of other forums and this is the first one that thumbed their nose at the people who used the last forum and just hopes that people will jump to this one. The notice should at least be stickied at the top of page one so people can find it.

I am going to continue to try to use this forum, but in my mind NAfME just flushed a wealth of knowledge and experience down the toilet for what seems to be laziness in not wanting to transfer or re-format the old information.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

I’m in complete agreement. I was also lost for several weeks since there was no announcement or transition period. There are also a lot of issues with this forum set up… having to log in each time and I have to use my member number instead of creating a password? I can’t tell you how many times the last few weeks I’ve considered posting something but didn’t want to go dig up my member number.

I’m very disappointed because the MENC/NAFME forums have been such an amazing help to me and to others and are such a wealth of information. Now, missing a bunch of users and with the old things all archived, it’s a very big setback.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

The link to the old forums still doesn’t work. I wanted to find an old discussion regarding instrument brands. Please fix this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Band’ is closed to new topics and replies.