Young Composers Curriculum Available

Frontpage Forums Music Composition Young Composers Curriculum Available

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nafmeadmin 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Hi All- I teach at the Little Red School House in NYC. Since 2010 I have developed a curriculum that I use with my MS and HS students that combines music theory and composing original music in a very progressive way. I’ve made the curriculum available for other teachers to use. There is a small fee associated with the web courses but the proceeds go towards allowing us to provide the program to NYC Public schools for free. You can learn about the program on my website here: http://www.yciw.net

I’m very passionate about helping others bring music composition to their classroom in a meaningful way so please let me know if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have any questions!

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Matt, this looks like a great resource! thanks for sharing–I will be promoting this to my music education majors at Azusa Pacific University where I teach.

nafmeadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks Alexander. I have created a special resource just for teachers in the form of a free learning community. It’s called Music Composition as Experience. Your students would be very welcome to check it out. There are a number of step-by-step examples of our curriculum. Visit us at mce.yciw.net

All the best,
    Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Music Composition’ is closed to new topics and replies.