Happy New Year! NAfME is pleased to share the many valuable resources and opportunities we offer music educators – at every teaching level and area – in the coming year and in this new decade.
Your association is here to help you succeed as you strive to provide your students with the best possible music education. Check out our activities over the past year in our annual report — then scroll down to see what we offer you right now.
If you’re not a member of NAfME and your state MEA, please join or renew today and add your voice to those of your fellow music educators across the nation!
- It’s been 20 years since the publication of the landmark book Vision 2020! Play a role this year in helping envision the future of music education by participating in our free Vision 2020 webinar series. The first webinar is Tuesday, February 25 at 7 PM EST. Your opinion matters! Register now.
- March is just around the corner. Get ready for Music In Our Schools Month® with free resources and guides for raising awareness of the importance of music in school!
- Earn professional development hours on your own time and without travel through NAfME Academy®. Dozens of webinars, approved by the NAfME Professional Development Committee, are available for just $20 (for nonmembers, $100).
- Check out lesson plans, recommended resources, and real teachers’ stories in the reimagined Teaching Music magazine. The January 2020 issue is online and open to members and nonmembers for a limited time.
- Spotlight your middle and high school music students – and your program – when you start or renew a Tri-M Music Honor Society chapter.
- Need some new standards-based resources? Check out NAfME Curriculum Units for the 2014 Music Responding Standards, created through the Teaching with Primary Sources program of the Library of Congress. The units are free and connected to the Library’s vast resources in music, including audio, video, still images, and sheet music files.
- There’s more! Don’t forget your NAfME journals, the members-only online community Amplify, and our prestigious competition opportunities for your students … plus the benefits of membership in your state music educators association.
Questions about any resources or about membership benefits? Contact us at 800-336-3768 or email@example.com. If you are already a member, thank you! You can at any time login to your account to make updates to your membership record or access members-only benefits.
For music educators who want to provide the highest-quality education for their students and advocate for their profession, NAfME and your state music education association provide access to the best advocacy support, professional development, career connections, and student opportunities. These resources help you enhance your teaching while you give back to your profession and strengthen it for future generations.
We wish you great success this year!