Join the biggest school chorus in the world!
For the 2018 Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM®), National Association for Music Education is once again partnering with American Young Voices, which hosts the largest school choir concerts in the world!
What are the concerts?
For 20 years, American Young Voices has brought together over 1 million school students across the world to participate in unique educational events on a massive scale. The aim is to provide a music experience for children that they will benefit from and remember for the rest of their lives.
Teachers prepare the music in their classes before students come together for a massive chorus concert at their local arena! Students are the stars of the show, and will perform with thousands of other singers for a sell-out audience.
NAfME and American Young Voices believe passionately in inspiring the next generation to find their love for music — and we invite YOU to join us!
Can my students participate without attending the concerts?
YES! Even if you’re not located in the northeast, your students can still participate! A FREE sheet music download of “Singing Together” by Craig McLeish, including a lesson plan, teaching aims and objectives that align with the National Music Standards, and conductor notes, are available now.
Download the materials:
- “Singing Together” lesson plan and conductor notes
- “Singing Together” National Music Standards
- “Singing Together” teaching aims and objectives
- “Singing Together” full vocal track (mp3)
- “Singing Together” accompaniment track (mp3)
- “Singing Together” sheet music
What are the benefits of participating?
Give your students the amazing opportunity to sing in an arena-sized chorus while meeting National Core Arts Standards and keeping their focus on skills such as:
- Melody and part singing
- Tone color
- Score reading
- Lyric memorization
- Taking cues from a conductor in a professional setting
The curriculum is engaging, fun, and exciting, with arrangements of standard choral literature to familiar rock and pop songs, to others of hope, inspiration, and empowerment. Students’ skill sets will be strengthened in vocal range, diction, as well as music literacy that will compliment and enhance student learning.
Where are the 2018 concerts?
If you’re a music teacher in Albany, Boston, Philadelphia, New York City, or the Washington, D.C., area, register for one of the 2018 American Young Voices concerts! The cost is $95 per school.
Once registered, you will receive the scores, recordings, conducting notes, teaching objectives, lyric sheets, and logistical information.
- Lowell, MA, at the Tsongas Center on June 4, 2018
- Philadelphia, PA, at the Liacouras Center on June 5, 2018
- Fairfax, VA, at the EagleBank Arena on June 6, 2018
- Albany, NY, at the Times Union Center on June 7, 2018
- Newark, NJ, at the Prudential Center on June 8, 2018
Join an AYV Teachers Workshop:
Are you looking for some new repertoire ideas? Do you want to work with renowned conductor Francisco Nunez? Are you interested in learning more about the American Young Voices program? If you said ‘yes’ to any of those questions, then join us an AYV Teacher’s Workshop near you!
For $95, teachers who attend our workshop will receive:
- Admission to one (1) AYV Workshop of your choice, dates below!
- 2018 AYV Music Book complete with vocal scores and vocal and accompaniment recordings for all songs
- Curricular resources and lesson plans
- Three (3) Professional Development hours
- Albany, NY, at the Times-Union Center on Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Newark, NJ, at the Prudential Center on Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Fairfax, VA, at the Eaglebank Arena on Thursday, March 7, 2018
- Philadelphia, PA, at the Liacouras Center on Friday, March 8, 2018
- Lowell, MA, at theTsongas Center on Monday, March 12, 2018