Request for Applications
Editorial Board Members: General Music Today
Deadline: March 15, 2012
General Music Today is seeking applications and nominations for members of the editorial board. The members of the editorial board will begin duties on September 1, 2012, and continue through July 31, 2018.
- Be a member of the Council for General Music Education. (Any NAfME member who selects General Music as one of their professional teaching areas is a member of CGME.)
- Be a professional music educator either at the PreK–12 or college level who is committed to excellence in the teaching and scholarship of General Music, evidenced by active participation in the field of music education.
- Have the expertise and be able to commit the necessary time to carry out the duties of the position.
- Attend Editorial Board meetings and activities (in conjunction with the NAfME Biennial Music Educators National Conference).
- Act as reviewer of manuscripts submitted to GMT in a blind review process.
- Consider all valid scholarly perspectives and their applications to the general music classroom and respond with thorough written reviews of manuscripts in a timely manner (approximately 2-3 per month).
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position including a statement that you can fulfill the duties required of the position.
- Provide a complete vitae that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain three letters of support—sent directly to Shelly Cooper, the current GMT Editor—from nationally recognized individuals in music education.
- Submit all nomination materials electronically.
Send the above items by March 15, 2012 to:
General Music Today Nominations
Dr. Shelly Cooper, Editor
School of Music
1017 N Olive Road
PO Box 210004
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0004