My Music Class Help Section
The following section details help topics for My Music Class.
Uploading Audio/Video Files
Audio and Video files for MMC are hosted at a third party media hosting provider.
It is important to note that prior to actually submitting the lesson you are adding, you will first upload any audio/video files to this third party hosting provider.
The process for uploading audio/video files is as follows:
- Browse for the audio/video file you wish to upload.
- Click the Upload Audio/Video File Button.
- Notice the progress bar. Wait for it to reach 100%. This indicates that your file has been uploaded.
- Upon successful upload you will be presented with the web address (url) at which your audio/video file will be accessible.
- Copy/paste or type this web address (url) into the “Link to Resources” box located below.
- Failure to add this link will mean that your uploaded resource will not be visible through your lesson.
- Select the appropriate resource identifier.
- For example, if you uploaded an audio file, select Audio from the resource dropdown list.
- NOTE: If you have another audio/video file to upload, adding the url to the resource box will mean that you will have to click on the “Add Another Resource” link to make room for the new file.
It is possible to upload documents/images/graphics to MMC for inclusion with your lesson. Valid file types for upload include:
- Documents: .pdf
- Images and Graphics: .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp
It is important to note that any document/image/graphic that you upload should be no larger than 10 MegaBytes. The steps to upload a file include:
- Make sure the document you wish to upload is a valid file type (see above).
- Browse for the file you want to upload.
- Select the file identifier from the dropdown list (what kind of file you are uploading).
If you have more than one document/image/graphic to include with a lesson, just click the “Add Another File to Upload” link and add the additional file. This will create another box where you can browse for another document/image, and it will create another dropdown so that you can select which type the resource is. If you’ve added a resource that you want to remove, just click on the delete link next to the file box.
Adding Resource Files
Resource files in MMC are files that exist online, at a valid web address. in other words, these are resources that exist on the Internet, and start with http:// or https://. In order to add a lesson resource, obtain the web address of the resource, and enter it into the resource box. Be sure to select a valid resource identifier. For example, if you have a link to a video file, select Video from the resource dropdown.
If you have more than one resource to include with a lesson, just click on the “Add Another Resource” link and add the additional resource. This will create another box where you can enter your next resource, and it will create another dropdown so that you can select which type the resource is. If you’ve added a resource that you want to remove, just click on the delete link next to the resource box.