NAfME offers programs and activities for students that emphasize leadership, service, academic excellence, and musicianship. Music provides students with opportunities for self-expression, creativity, discipline, and teamwork.
- Tri-M® Music Honor Society — an international honor society for middle and high school students.
- Collegiate NAfME — a program for preservice music educators to support professional development.
- The Concert for Music In Our Schools Month — a virtual sing-along that showcases student ensembles during Music In Our Schools Month®.
- Music In Our Schools Month® — Each March music education becomes the focus of schools across the nation. NAfME sponsors student essay and composition contests that celebrate the talents of music students.
- Student Performance Opportunities — Our program partner, MENCEvents, offers students opportunities to showcase their talents.
- All-American Marching Band — The U.S. Army All-American Bowl is the premier high school football game in the nation. Produced by All American Games (formerly SportsLink), this Bowl features the nation’s top high school senior football players and marching musicians. A student selected as one of the 125 All-American Marching Band members will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to San Antonio, TX to march in the halftime performance of the All-American Bowl at the Alamodome.
- National Anthem Day Celebration — September 14th is an important day in our nation’s history. On this day, Francis Scott Key penned "The Star-Spangled Banner" after witnessing American forces defend Fort McHenry from British troops. This day serves as an excellent opportunity to educate students about the national anthem and to demonstrate to the community the important role music teachers play in passing on our cultural heritage.
- Scholarships — Links to scholarship programs for students.