As members of a Tri-M® chapter you and your ensemble are a part of an even larger musical community that is passionate not only about music, but about service. Expressing through actions and words what music brings to the world. Service is a major part of Tri-M® and there are thousands of different projects that chapters have taken on for their schools and communities.
January 18, 2016 marks not only the MLK National Service Day, but the National Tri-M Service Day as well! The mission of the National Tri-M Service Day is for chapters all across the country to come together and serve their communities.
Here are a few ideas on how your chapter can give back to your community on National Tri-M Service Day:
- Perform at a Local Nursing Home/Assisted Living Centers/Police Department/Fire Department/Community Center
- Educate your community on the benefits of a music education
- Help students learn about different musical instruments
- Organize a community music event
- Give music lessons at local group homes, orphanages, or retirement homes
- Establish an annual community award for the person, business, or organization most supportive of your music program
- Host a Canned Food Drive Concert