APPLY TO EARN A $500 SCHOLARSHIP!
The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) has partnered with Encore Tours to bring Tri-M high school students a $500 annual scholarship.
Entries will consist of a written essay and one winner will be chosen from the pool of applicants.
2016 SCHOLARSHIP THEME: MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL
Congratulations to the 2016 winner — Lydia Latham!
Read her winning essay.
Must be a Tri-M member in good standing as of the date of application and have been in good standing for a least one complete semester.
An application is not considered received unless all questions are answered completely, and materials listed below are received.
- Click here to complete an application form
- A 500-750 word essay on the following:
o Explain how music can be defined as a universal language.
- Headshot/photo for promotional purposes only
Submissions without all application materials will not be accepted. Only one entry per applicant is permissible and must be written by the applicant themselves. Plagiarism is not permitted.
- October 1, 2016 Application deadline (must be received by this date)
- October 24, 2016 Notification letters distributed to applicants
Written entry should be sent alongside the Scholarship Entry Form.
Entries must be mailed to:
Attn: Tori Cook
343 Congress Street, Suite 3100 Boston, MA 02210
Scholarship checks will be made payable to the individual’s school and will be mailed to their designated school address. The winner will be announced on Encore Tours website and social channels including a copy of the full essay.
If you have any questions about the scholarship application form or process, please contact Tori Cook at Encore Tours: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-958-9566
- Reading the winning 2016 essay
- Read the winning 2015 essay
- Read the best 15 quotes from 2015 scholarship applicants