Welcome to NAfME’s Grassroots Action Center!
Here you will find different ways on how YOU can:
Support Music Education in Federal Education Policy!
Be Involved With the Legislative Process!
Engage Your Members in Congress!
Grassroots Action Center Menu
FY 2018’s funds will be available for the 2018 – 2019 school year. If you have received Title IV-A funding previously or will receive funding for the upcoming school year, we want to hear YOUR story!
Visit bit.ly/TitleIVstories to tell us your Title IV story:
- How much funding did you receive?
- What was the funding used for?
- How has it benefited your students?
- How has it benefited you as an educator in providing a well-rounded education?
- By using these funds, are you closer to providing a “quality” music program, as outlined in the OTL standards?
Your stories are vital to helping NAfME advocate for music education! Although Title IV-A received a significant increase in FY 2018, the new funding number is still short of the grant’s authorized amount of $1.6 billion. This information will help us get closer to that goal!
At this time, we have no grassroots social media campaigns active. Check back soon to see how you can support music education through social media!
- NAfME Civic Action Field Guide
- Grassroots Advocacy Inventory
- Broader MindedTM Brochure
- Hard copies sold on the NAfME Store
- Find your state advocacy leadership
- Organizing a State Advocacy Day
- Parents – 5 Ways to Support Your Music Program
- Connecting with Legislators
- Key Federal Education Members
- Public Relations 101
- Quick review of How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Concert Program Advocacy Inserts for Teachers: