Founded in 1907, the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is among the world’s largest arts education organizations, and is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. Our members are the professionals teaching music to millions of students in school. With their support, NAfME is the national voice representing music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers valuable opportunities for students and teachers.
- 2022-2023 benefits for active. retired. and Collegiate members
- Fall 2022 Membership Brochure (pdf)
- Back-to-School 2022 videos from NAfME President Scott Sheehan and other NAfME leaders
- Active: for those who are engaged in music teaching, supervision or administration as a primary, full-time career. Includes membership in a state music education association and the right to vote in NAfME elections.
- Retired: for those who have retired from full-time teaching. Includes membership in a state music education association and the right to vote in NAfME elections.
- Collegiate: future music educators who are current students in higher education music education programs. Includes membership in a state music education association.
- Introductory: for Collegiate members in their first year of teaching; same benefits as Active members at a special discount.
- Corporate: for companies providing products and services to the music education profession or otherwise associated with the profession.
- Associate: for those interested in the advancement of music education, but are “not primarily engaged” in music teaching. This includes professional musicians, drill instructors, private teachers, music parents, administrators, employees of music industry firms, parents of music students, music booster volunteers, and community advocates. Does not include membership in a state music education association or the right to vote in NAfME elections.
Ready to join or renew?