The George N. Parks Award honors an exemplary music educator who embodies the characteristics and leadership the late Mr. Parks showed his students every day.
Developed by the National Association for Music Education and Music for All, the George N. Parks Leadership in Music Education Award is named for the late George Parks, Director of the University of Massachusetts Minuteman Marching Band. Considered a national authority on drum majoring, Mr. Parks led the George N. Parks Drum Major Academy at the Music for All Summer Symposium.
The recipient must demonstrate:
- Collaborative spirit
- Dedication to knowing students as individuals
- Provides a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and community
- Perseverance and enthusiasm
- Ability to instill qualities in students beyond achievement in music
The deadline for nominations is September 15, 2023, 11:59 PM ET.
August 25, 2023
- Music Education Profession
August 25, 2023. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)