General Music Today (GMT) is accepting nominations for THREE positions on the GMT Editorial Committee (2020–2026).
Request for Applications for Editorial Committee:
General Music Today is seeking nominations for members of the editorial committee with duties beginning on September 1, 2020, and continuing through August 31, 2026.
Be a professional educator at the PreK–12 level or in higher education who is committed to excellence in the teaching and scholarship of general music, arts integration, performing arts, and general education.
- Be a member of the Council for General Music (any NAfME member who selects General Music as one of their professional teaching areas is a member of CGM, or you will be required to join if appointed!)
- Have the expertise and be able to commit the necessary time to carry out the duties of the position.
- Have your research/articles published in peer-reviewed journals of the same scope and level as GMT.
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position including a statement that you can fulfill the duties required of the position.
- Provide a shortened CV that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain two letters of support—sent directly to Rekha S. Rajan, the current GMT Academic Editor—from nationally recognized individuals in music education, early childhood education, or teacher education.
Send the above items BY JUNE 26, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.