Call for Nominations
Journal of Music Teacher Education
Editorial Review Board Members
Deadline: Friday, February 3, 2012
The Journal of Music Teacher Education seeks nominations for three new members of the editorial review board. Duties begin July 1, 2012, and continue through June 30, 2018.
- Be a member of the Society for Music Teacher Education (SMTE). All NAfME (formerly MENC) members who select Teacher Education as their professional teaching area are SMTE members.
- Be a professional educator of music teachers who is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research, evidenced by active participation in the field of music teacher education.
- Have the expertise and time commitment necessary to carry out duties as described.
- Document sustained interest and publication in teacher education.
- Maintain regular attendance at national conferences of SMTE and NAfME.
- Attend Editorial Committee meetings and activities (yearly in conjunction with the SMTE Symposium for Music Teacher Education and the NAfME national conference on Research and Music Teacher Education).
- Act as reviewer of manuscripts submitted to JMTE in a blind-review process.
- Consider all valid scholarly perspectives and respond with thorough written reviews of manuscripts in a timely manner (approximately 1-2 per month).
- Submit all nomination materials electronically.
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position and a statement that you can fulfill the required duties.
- Provide a complete vitae that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain a letter of nomination, sent directly to the email address below, from a nationally recognized individual in music teacher education.
Email the application materials by Friday, February 3, 2012 to
Janice Killian, Editor JMTE
Professor and Chair, Music Education
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-2003
For more information: 806-742-2270 ext. 264 (office telephone)