The Journal of Music Teacher Education seeks nominations for three new members of the editorial review board. Duties begin July 1, 2014 and continue through June 30, 2020. Deadline for application materials: February 1, 2014.
- Be a member of the Society for Music Teacher Education™ (SMTE). All NAfME members who select Teacher Education as their professional teaching area are SMTE members.
- Be a professional educator of music teachers who is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and research, evidenced by active participation in the field of music teacher education.
- Have the expertise and time commitment necessary to carry out duties as described.
- Document sustained interest and publication in teacher education.
- Maintain regular attendance at national conferences of SMTE and NAfME
- Attend Editorial Committee meetings and activities (yearly in conjunction with the SMTE Symposium for Music Teacher Education and the NAfME national conference on Music Research and Teacher Education).
- Act as reviewer of manuscripts submitted to JMTE in a blind review process.
- Consider all valid scholarly perspectives and respond with thorough written reviews of manuscripts in a timely manner (approximately 1-2 per month).
- Submit all nomination materials electronically.
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position and a statement that you can fulfill the required duties.
- Provide a complete vitae that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain a letter of nomination, sent directly to the email address below, from a nationally recognized individual in music teacher education.
Email the application materials by February 1, 2014 to Janice Killian, Editor JMTE firstname.lastname@example.org Professor and Chair, Music Education Texas Tech University Lubbock, Texas 79409-2003