Call for Nominations:
Two GMT Editorial Committee Members
General Music Today (GMT) is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes articles of interest to general music professionals at all levels. These articles describe successful practices, share teaching strategies and/or materials, and suggest new ideas or issues of concern in general music.
General Music Today is accepting nominations for TWO positions
on the GMT Editorial Committee (2018–2024)
Request for Applications for Editorial Committee:
General Music Today is seeking nominations for members of the editorial committee. The members of the editorial committee will begin duties on July 1, 2018, and continue through August 31, 2024.
- Be a member of the Council for General Music (any NAfME member who selects General Music as one of their professional teaching areas is a member of CGM).
- Be a professional music educator at the PreK–12 level who is committed to excellence in the teaching and scholarship of general music, evidenced by active participation in the field of music education.
- Have the expertise and be able to commit the necessary time to carry out the duties of the position.
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position including a statement that you can fulfill the duties required of the position.
- Provide a vitae/resume that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain three letters of support—sent directly to Rekha S. Rajan, the current GMT Academic Editor—from nationally recognized individuals in music education, early childhood education or teacher education.
Send the above items BY JUNE 10, 2018, to
Dr. Rekha S. Rajan, email@example.com