Support music education by becoming a member of Give a Note Foundation’s Ostinato Circle—a community of givers who commit to a recurring monthly donation. Your gift will help effectively maintain high-quality music programs for the more than 20 million students who already study music, expand and increase successful programs in communities in need, and educate all concerned about the importance of music as part of a well-rounded and balanced education.
Give a Note Foundation was created by the leaders of the National Association for Music Education in 2011 as a way to engage leaders outside of the music education profession to raise awareness and garner financial support for music education programs. Give a Note is an independent corporation and is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization. The organization operates under by-laws and policies approved by an appointed board of up to fifteen members.
The current board members are:
- Tabor Stamper, President & CEO, KHS America (Board Chair)
- Beth Slusher, President & CEO, Rivars, Inc. (Board Vice-Chair)
- Frank Kuhns, Director of Sales & Marketing, Interstate Hotels
- Eliot Pfanstiehl, CEO, Strathmore Performing Arts Center
- Mary Robinson, Producer, American Horror Story, Glee, Glee Project
- Scott C. Shuler, Immediate Past President, NAfME
- Steve Zapf, President, Music & Arts
Since its founding in 2011, Give a Note has distributed more than $1,000,000 in grants to schools. The Give a Note board believes the areas of greatest need and importance as:
- Research on the availability and accessibility of music education programs across the United States.
- Training and support for teachers in the first five years of teaching.
- Funding for expansion of programs in rural and urban areas.
- Identification of best practices and what works in music education for purposes of enhancing and increasing programs for all students.
Roz Fehr, NAfME Managing Editor for News, November 25 , 2013. © National Association for Music Education