Advocacy initiatives can help teachers and their students showcase good music programs and the learning that takes place there. The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) offers a variety of advocacy and teaching resources on its Groundswell Advocacy website.
2013 has been an amazing year of progress for both NAfME and state MEAs in advocacy work. There has never been a better time to get involved with advocacy. Attend the webinar to hear about the exciting developments over the past year and learn about what’s coming up for 2013 and 2014, as well as how you can make a difference in promoting the vital mission of music education.
Resource links in the Back to School section on the Groundswell site include:
- Back to School Advocacy webinar
- The Music Education Nation Community on NAfME’s Google Plus site
- How-To Advocacy Guides: Resources to guide advocacy work with parents, principals (secondary and elementary) and school boards.
- NAfME Recommendations for Teacher Evaluation
- The 21st Century Skills Map: A P21 collaboration with leading art, dance, music, theatre, and visual arts associations. For more information, see the press release.
- NAfME Copyright Center
- Block Scheduling Resources
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
Roz Fehr, NAfME Managing Editor for News, August 31, 2013. © National Association for Music Education