The 2022 NAfME National Conference is the premier national event fostering and facilitating collaboration between music education practitioners, researchers, and program leaders across the spectrum of PreK-12 and higher education. The 2022 conference combines three NAfME events: the NAfME Biennial Music Research and Teacher Education Conference, the NAfME National PreK-12 Conference, and the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles.
The theme of the 2022 NAfME Conference is NAfME is ME!. NAfME is Music Education, a vibrant diverse community of music educators. NAfME is ME! is the unique, valuable contributions, perspectives, and participation that all NAfME members embody every day at the local, state, and national level.
Onsite registration available! We look forward to seeing you November 3-6 at the 2022 conference at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
*The 2022 NAfME National Conference and All-National Honor Ensembles are in-person events and will not be livestreamed or recorded.
National Conference FAQ
Read the NAfME National Conference Frequently Asked Questions to learn details about the conference and National Harbor, including a directory and map of the conference space, registration hours, dining options, how to download the conference app, and more!
Let fellow music educators know you are attending this November so you can begin connecting and networking! (Click on the graphic link and right-click to download the file.)
- November 2-3: Pre-Conference Forums:
- Music Program Leaders Forum
- Emerging Leaders Forum
- NAfME Collegiate Pre-Con
- November 3-5: 2022 NAfME National Conference
- Daily guest keynote speakers
- Happy hour events and evening entertainment
- A Young Composers and Songwriters Concert featuring the winners of the 2022 NAfME Composition Competitions
- Over 200 peer-reviewed presentations and poster sessions throughout
- November 3-6: All-National Honor Ensembles, final concerts November 5-6
2022 NAfME National Conference Organizing Committee
- Society for Research in Music Education (SRME)
- Wendy Sims – SRME Co-Chair for the 2022 NAfME National Conference; SRME Executive Committee
- Beatriz Ilari – SRME Co-Chair for the 2022 NAfME National Conference; SRME Executive Committee
- Carlos Abril – Chair, SRME Executive Committee
- Society for Music Teacher Education (SMTE)
- David Rickels – Chair, SMTE Executive Committee
- Sean Powell – Chair-Elect, SMTE Executive Committee
- Jay Dorfman – SMTE Executive Committee; SMTE Communications Chair
- Mackie Spradley – President, NAfME
- Scott Sheehan – President-elect, NAfME
- Michael Stone – Chair, NAfME Council of Music Program Leaders
- Annamarie Bollino – Chair-elect, NAfME Council of Music Program Leaders
- Judy Bush – NAfME Professional Development Committee Tri-Chair; NAfME North Central Division President
- Rob Lyda – NAfME Professional Development Committee member; Chair, NAfME Council for General Music Education
- Chris Baumgartner – NAfME Professional Development Committee member; Co-chair, NAfME Mentoring Project
- Rob Deemer – NAfME Professional Development Committee Member; Chair, NAfME Council for Music Composition
- Johnathan Hamiel – NAfME Equity Committee member, NAfME Professional Development Committee member