Readers who page through the November issue of Teaching Music will find stories about rhythm skill, teacher evaluations, and rehearsal techniques, as well as a news story about two music educators who paid a call to the White House Rose Garden.
- “The New Beat Spectrum,” which explores learning to count rhythms
- “Tap Your Potential,” which includes rehearsal techniques for band, choir, and orchestra
- “Entering the Formative Years,” a look at a goal-centered method of tracking student learning.
Department stories include updates of the Give a Note Foundation, current trends in teacher evaluation, school musical instrument rentals, and Digital Audio Workstation software.
The Upbeat news section covers a number of current and upcoming events for the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).
- NAfME members who visit the White House see the event as a way to advocate for music education
- 2012 Music Education Week Will Unfold in Baltimore
- National Honor Ensemble Auditions
- AAAMB Selection Tour
- NAfME Audio Logo contest
- The Nebraska Music Educators Association Celebrates 75 years
- Longtime Association Leader and Music Educator Charles F. Benner Dies
Log in now to read Teaching Music online.
—Roz Fehr, November 3, 2011. © National Association for Music Education (nafme.org)