Start a Chapter • Chapter Materials • Collegiate Member Benefits • Recruitment • Recognition Program • Collegiate Dues and First-Year Teacher Discount • FAQs • Professional Resources • Financial Aid and Fundraising • Logos • Contact NAfME Collegiate
It’s Easy to Start a Chapter!
When the first student at a college or university joins or renews their NAfME membership, specifying the school name and the state where the school is located (not the student state of residence), that university chapter is activated for the year!
See the Chapter Quickstart Guide for details about recruitment, Chapter Activities, Chapter Recognition programs, student opportunities and more.
To request your current chapter roster, or for any other information, please contact Member Services.
Join or Renew Online!
Joining online offers fast, safe activation for students and is EASIER for advisors to manage.
Advisors should instruct students to join, renew, and manage their own payment online at www.nafme.org or by calling Member services at 800-336-3768.
Students should join early in the school year so that they will receive a full year of member benefits. Collegiate membership begins July 1 and ends June 30 the following year.
To join NAfME Collegiate online, new members should go to www.nafme.org.
To renew a membership, students should also login at www.nafme.org using their member I.D. and their email. If you have forgotten your member I.D., it can be retrieved online at nafme.org/login, or by calling Member Services at 800-336-3768. For alternate methods to join or renew, please contact us at 800-336-3768 or email@example.com.
National and State Dues The total dues collected from each member represents both national and state dues. Collegiate members become members of the state Music Educators Association in which the college or university is located.
Local Fees Advisors may or may not choose to collect an additional local fee for chapter operation. Local fees will be independent of NAfME dues and shall not be mandated, administered, or regulated by NAfME.
- Publicize meeting information. Use the poster provided by NAfME.
- Distribute Collegiate Membership brochures. Have the brochures available during meetings and in classes. Set up a table at your school’s campus orientation event and keep a stack in the front office of the music department or school of music throughout the year. (If you need additional brochures, call NAfME Collegiate Membership at 800-336-3768.) Space has been provided on each brochure to include the chapter advisor’s and chapter president’s contact information. Please fill in these spaces or affix labels to the brochures so the recipients know whom to contact for more information.
- Distribute August, September, and October NAfME periodicals to promote NAfME and chapter benefits. The August, September, and October NAfME periodicals will be sent to the advisor’s chapter address for this purpose.
- Direct potential members to join online at www.nafme.org or by calling Member services at 800-336-3768.
- If students cannot join or renew membership online, students may call Member Services at 800-336-3768. Paper membership applications from previous years are invalid.
- Collegiate members will receive a personalized membership card, monthly periodicals, and other mailings from NAfME and their state music educators association at the mailing address they provide when they join or renew. Due to manual processing delays, expect materials approximately 30 days after the student’s application is PROCESSED by NAfME. (Note: Postmark or NAfME receipt date is not considered in this distribution estimate. The delivery estimate is not guaranteed.) Back issues of NAfME periodicals are missed because of late activation and will only be available if paid for.