The NAfME Learning Center is NAfME’s new online learning management system for supporting the ongoing professional learning needs of music educators. It supports diverse and robust types of current and potential future professional learning programs.
Important note: to gain access to items in the NAfME Learning Center, you first need to register for a program; you then get access to that content in the Learning Center. Currently, there are two types of programs to register for that use the Learning Center:
- NAfME Academy (registration is required)
The NAfME Academy is a catalog of 100+ recorded webinars. Access is free for current members of NAfME. There is an annual subscription fee of $95 for non-members to access the NAfME Academy.
- NAfME Webinars (registration is required)
Starting in late November 2022, most NAfME webinars will be set up using Zoom webinar via the Learning Center. (Note: some discussion-based town halls will not be recorded and will not be in the Learning Center.) You will need to register for each upcoming event you are interested in via the link provided on NAfME’s main webinar page.
Again, the first step is to register for a program. If you have already registered for a program, such as the NAfME Academy, then you will be able to continue to the NAfME Learning Center to view and access that content.
NAfME LEARNING CENTER BASICS
- Track Your Progress: Once you are logged into the Learning Center, you will be able to view all courses/webinars that you have access to (have registered for or enrolled in). The NAfME Learning Center will track and note all the professional learning you have achieved. You can view your progress by clicking on the Dashboard in the Learning Center, and also see that information when you are logged into your NAfME membership profile. Go to My Courses in the Learning Center to see the courses you enrolled in.
- The NAfME Academy: If you have registered for the NAfME Academy, you will be able to access it in the Learning Center, including searching for content by categories or key word search and self-enrolling in any webinar in the Academy that you like. Once you are enrolled in a webinar in the Academy, you can start and complete it at your own pace. The NAfME Learning Center will track your completion of each webinar. After watching a webinar, you will complete a professional development survey, then gain access to a certificate of completion.
- Live Event NAfME Webinars: Whether you access the live event or recording of a NAfME webinar, the Learning Center will track your participation if the webinar or town hall is one that has contact hours; some discussion-based programs will not be recorded or offer contact hours. To earn a contact hour and get your certificate, you will need to watch the full webinar then complete a professional learning survey. Make sure to register for any NAfME webinar that you are interested in. If you register for a webinar, you will have access to it for one month. After that, most NAfME webinars will be moved to the NAfME Academy (see details above).
If you already registered for a program and logged into the NAfME Learning Center and are returning to continue accessing it, you can go directly to the Learning Center by clicking here (you will need to log in using your NAfME username and password).
If you have questions about registering for the NAfME Academy or the NAfME Learning Center, please contact email@example.com.