Presented by WURRLY
2019 NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition Winners
Harrison TC Le, “Rift,” Tampa, Florida
- Teacher, Amy Callahan
- School, Carrollwood Day School
Natalee Larsen, “Serendipity,” Spanaway, Washington
- Teacher, Monica Hemenway
- School, Elk Plain School of Choice
Elijah Croyle, “Give It A Week,” Snohomish, Washington
- Teacher, Tadd Morris
- School, Glacier Peak High School
Elijah Culp, “If Only,” Rochester, New York
- Teacher, Casey Springstead
- School, Irondequoit High School
Tim Kwasny, “As The World Turns,” Boston, Massachussetts
- School, Boston Conservatory at Berklee College of Music
Jonathan Danner, “Ding Dream,” Cullowhee, North Carolina
- School, Western Carolina University
About the Competition
The NAfME Electronic Music Composition Competition recognizes outstanding compositions and highlights the effectiveness of music technology in the school curriculum. Entries will be judged based on their aesthetic quality, use of electronic media, and the power of the composition.
Association member adjudicators will select a winner in each of the following categories:
- Grades K-8
- Grades 9-12
- Each entrant must be sponsored by an NAfME member teacher, or be a NAfME Collegiate member in good standing.
- Compositions should be 5 minutes or less and should either be composed electronically or include electronic instruments (vocal and/or acoustic instruments may be combined with electronic instruments)
- One selected composer from each category will receive a one-year subscription to WURRLY’s software.
- View Competition Winners from Previous Years
How To Apply
- 2019 Entry Rules and Guidelines
- The deadline for applications is April 19, 2019
- Questions? Contact: Brendan McAloon
WURRLY presents the NAFME Electronic Music Composition Competition!
As the consumer version of WURRLYedu, WURRLY allows you to easily practice, record, submit and share your entry! They have thousands of songs to get you inspired, including many freestyle tracks and even blank tracks so you can record from scratch, collaboration tools, and one touch audio and video filters. Once you have finished recording you can download to your device or share via social media, email or text.
It’s FREE TO ENTER, click here to unlock a FREE MONTH subscription!
Contact: Brendan McAloon