A Message from NAfME President Mackie Spradley
Dear Music Educators,
In March 2020, our world turned upside down, and we all faced the unprecedented challenges of a global pandemic. Since then, a transformation has taken place. Music educators collaborated to reinvent music teaching. Our professional community united to start addressing issues of equity and access in music education. And the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) and our state music education associations (MEAs) redoubled our efforts to support you in your quest to teach music safely and effectively to your students.
As a member of NAfME, you have access to the tools you need to succeed in your career, including:
- Amplify, the online forum exclusively for NAfME members
- NAfME Academy, with clock hours for online professional development on your own time
- Access to six outstanding NAfME periodicals
- Our online Virtual Learning Community
- Leadership opportunities through your state MEA and NAfME Societies and Councils
- Recognition for your students through composition contests and honor ensembles
- Valuable insurance offerings created especially for educators
- And much more, including all the benefits offered by your state MEA!
And as always, NAfME, with your support, is the national voice for music education, advocating for you and your students year-round, alerting you to federal legislation that affects you, and providing resources you can use to bolster and advance your music program.
As we continue to navigate the impact of a global pandemic, we know we’re not going “back to normal.” We’re taking what we learned and moving forward together! NAfME and your state MEA are on this journey with you as you collaborate, create, lead, and succeed. We are here to listen and to help in any way we can.
Together, we are NAfME, and we are transforming music education! Please join us this year to play your part.
To join NAfME or renew your membership, please click this link.
Mackie V. Spradley, President, NAfME