Request for Applications for Editorial Committee Members:
General Music Today
General Music Today is seeking nominations for members of its Editorial Committee. Members of the GMT Editorial Committee will begin duties on September 1, 2014, and continue through July 31, 2020.
- Be a member of the Council for General Music (Any NAfME member who selects general music as one of their professional teaching areas is a member of CGM.)
- Be a professional music educator either at the preK–12 level or college level who is committed to excellence in the teaching and scholarship of general music, evidenced by active participation in the field of music education.
- Have the expertise and be able to commit the necessary time to carry out the duties of the position.
- Provide a letter indicating your interest in the position, including a statement that you can fulfill the duties required of the position.
- Provide a complete vitae that characterizes your qualifications for the position.
- Obtain three letters of support—to be sent directly to Shelly Cooper, the current GMT Editor—from nationally recognized individuals in music education.
Send the above items via e-mail by June 1, 2014 to email@example.com
General Music Today Nominations
Dr. Shelly Cooper, Editor
School of Music
1017 N. Olive Road
PO Box 210004
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0004