Start a Chapter • Chapter Materials • Collegiate Member Benefits • Recruitment • Music In Our Schools Month and Your Chapter • Recognition Program • Collegiate Leadership Advocacy Summit • Collegiate Dues and First-Year Teacher Discount • FAQs • Financial Aid and Fundraising • Logos and Branding
Why should I join NAfME as a Collegiate member?
NAfME is the professional organization for all music educators – collegiate, active, and retired. As a member of NAfME Collegiate you will:
- Gain the benefit of a professional identity at the earliest stages of your career,
- Have exclusive opportunities to interact with and learn from active music educators and administrators,
- Receive valuable professional development at state and national conferences at a significantly reduced cost (or free),
- Participate in activities and programs that will prepare you for your career, and
- Have networking opportunities that will help you get job interviews and land a job.
NAfME’s members-only online resources provide information and materials that can be used for school assignments and research. NAfME Collegiate membership will help you succeed in school and career!
- How can our chapter get in touch with other chapters within our state and/or nationally? Attending state and local conferences and meetings is a great way to network with other Collegiate members and chapters. Your state Collegiate chairperson, or MEA State Executive Director, is also the conduit for Collegiate chapters within your state.
- What types of leadership opportunities are there for me as a Collegiate member? Leadership opportunities for Collegiate NAfME members exist at the chapter and many state levels. Most Collegiate chapters have elected officer positions that need to be filled yearly. See your chapter’s constitution and bylaws or the Quickstart Guide for NAfME Collegiate Chapters for more information.
- What can we do to increase our chapter’s membership? Have a NAfME Collegiate display with chapter leaders and membership brochures at your School of Music’s orientation in the fall and spring semesters. Display the NAfME Collegiate poster in your music building to notify music students of your meetings and events. Make sure that music education faculty offer membership information to all of their students. Ask the Dean or department chair to communicate the importance of NAfME membership to all faculty members. All music students – music education, applied music, music business, music therapy, or other areas – are great candidates for NAfME Collegiate membership.
- Can being a member of NAfME help me find a job when I graduate? Absolutely! Showing a future employer that you belong to your professional organization – NAfME – is an important part of your credibility as a future employee. NAfME hosts an online Career Center where members can browse current job openings. Interview techniques, resume-writing, and help with the job-search are the topics of many local chapter meetings, Collegiate blog articles and NAfME Academy Webinars. Many state conferences offer job search assistance, as well, so be sure to attend!
- What is the deadline to join or renew my Collegiate membership? Students may join or renew their NAfME Collegiate membership throughout the year. The Collegiate membership year is July 1 through June 30, so, Collegiate members are encouraged to join or renew online as soon after July 1 each year to receive full member benefits.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 800-336-3768