Thank you for your interest in music advocacy with NAfME! We know that music education programs in schools offer a multitude of invaluable social and academic benefits for students. However, in school districts nationwide, music education programs are being reduced or eliminated altogether. Advocacy for music is essential if we want to truly offer a world-class and well-rounded education to our students. We look forward to working with you in leading the fight for music education.
Quick Access Menu
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned music advocate, the Advocacy Bulletin is your essential source for the latest in music education policy. Updated around the clock by our public policy staff, there you will find commentary and news on:
- Legislative developments in Congress
- The federal budget and appropriations process
- Federal regulatory and implementation policies affecting music education
The Public Policy Newsroom is the latest public policy statements and press releases issued by NAfME. This is the best place to familiarize yourself with NAfME’s positions on specific pieces of legislation that could impact music education.
NAfME’s Public Policy Hub is your portal to in-depth public policy analysis, toolkits, and other essential resources that every music education advocate should have.
- NAfME’s active legislative agendas
- Everything ESSA
- NAfME Quarterly Advocacy Webinar series
How to Act
Ready to take action as a music education advocate? The NAfME Grassroots Action Center provides easy opportunities and resources so YOU can:
- Support Music Education in Federal Education Policy
- Be Involved With the Legislative Process
- Engage Your Members in Congress
NAfME’s Collegiate Advocacy Summit
Don’t miss this opportunity to join us in Washington, D.C., this June, for mentoring and professional development that will empower you to be the advocate you need to be, for yourself, and for your students. Help lead our next steps in this new era for music education this June 17 – 19, 2019.
- Go “behind the scenes” as we meet face-to-face with U.S. legislators and their staffs in Senate and Representative offices on the Hill.
- Enjoy a wonderful evening reception and awards dinner, as you meet and network with NAfME state and national leaders.
- Participate in leadership and advocacy training that you can take back to share with your chapter and use in your career.
For more information, including registration, please visit the Collegiate Advocacy Summit page.
NAfME Collegiate Advocacy Summit, Class of 2018.
Ashlee Wilcox Photography | ashleewilcoxphotography.com