National Conferences and Events
November 2-6, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland (near Washington, DC). Featuring the National Biennial Music Research and Teacher Education Conference, the National PreK-12 Conference, and the 2022 All-National Honor Ensembles. Registration opens in April.
State and Division Conferences
- Colorado (Colorado Springs) January 26-29, 2022
- Georgia (Athens) January 27-29, 2022
- Kentucky (Louisville) February 2-5, 2022
- Ohio (Cleveland) February 3-5, 2022
- Maryland 2022 In-Service: Date/Format TBD
- Vermont Virtual Conference 2022 February 11, 2022
- Minnesota Midwinter Clinic February 17-19, 2022
- California (Fresno) February 17-20, 2022
- North Dakota (Bismarck) March 25-26, 2022
- Pennsylvania (Poconos) April 6-9, 2022
- Maine (University of Maine, Orono) May 19-20, 2022 (Call for Proposals: Deadline January 21, 2022)
Conferences are produced by each of the NAfME federated state associations throughout the year. Please visit this page to find your state’s website and more information.
Virtual Meet the Candidates Forum (recording now available)
NAfME Advocacy Tuesdays in April 2021
- April 6, 5 PM EDT: Celebrate Virtual Hill Month
- April 13, on demand: Sharing Best Practice Ideas with the US Department of Education
- April 20, 3 PM EDT: How to Access Education Relief Funds to Support Music Education
Vision 2020—February 25 NAfME now Immediate Past President and Board Chair Kathleen D. Sanz; Deb Confredo, chair of the Society for Research in Music education; and Linda Thornton, chair of the Society for Music Teacher Education presented the first of the “Vision 2020” webinars on February 25, 2020. Music educators played a role in helping envision the future of music education, responding to the ideas in this first of a series of Vision 2020 live webinars. Find the archived webinar and PDF of the slide deck here.
As events from associated groups are announced, they will appear here.