National Conferences and Events
May 25, 2023: Music Program Leaders Colloquium
“Summer Scheming: How to plan during the summertime for your best school year yet!” How do you best utilize your summer planning to prepare for the next school year? Music program leaders will share their tried-and-true strategies for making the most of your summertime to plan ahead for a productive and successful year. Join us as we wrap up this year and plan for your best year yet! Register now
2023 SMTE Symposium on Music Teacher Education, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 12–14. Learn more about the NAfME Society for Music Teacher Education and executive committee.
NAfME General Music Virtual Conference
The NAfME Council for General Music Education hosted a General Music Virtual Conference April 29, 2023, from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern. Participants had opportunities to learn and interact with clinicians from multiple general music approaches. The event was co-sponsored by the American Orff Schulwerk Association, Dalcroze Society of America, Feierabend Association for Music Education, Gordon Institute for Music Learning, and the Organization of American Kodály Educators. There was also a General Music Curriculum Fair, a Journal of General Music Education session, and a roundtable on the future of General Music collaboration.
NAfME staff will follow up within 1-2 weeks with all those who attended the live event as well as those who signed up for the conference but were not able to attend the live event virtual conference on April 29. In addition, sessions recordings will be made available later in May in the NAfME Academy.
If you have any questions, contact Laura Reed at email@example.com (make sure to include your full name, email address, city, state)
For a description of sessions and speakers, click here.
The 2022 Biennial Music Research and Teacher Education Conference and National PreK-12 Conference was held November 2-6.
NAfME Strategic Plan Town Hall recording available now.
Upcoming Professional Learning Community Live and On-Demand Free Webinars
State and Division Conferences
NAfME Federated State Association Conferences
- Maryland 2023-2024 Conference proposals submission window May 1-31, 2023
- Maine (Orono) May 18-19, 2023
- Arkansas (Conway) September 30 (call for proposals deadline: July 15)
- Oklahoma (Oklahoma City) October 12
- Wisconsin (Madison) October 25-28, 2023
- South Dakota (Rapid City) October 26-28, 2023
- North Carolina (Winston-Salem) November 4-7, 2023
- Iowa (city TBA) November 16-18, 2023
- Virginia (Richmond) November 16-18, 2023
- Nebraska (Lincoln) November 16-18, 2023
- Florida (Tampa) January 10-13, 2024
- New Mexico (Albuquerque) January 10-13, 2024
- Indiana (Fort Wayne) January 11-13, 2024
- Oklahoma (Tulsa) January 17-20, 2024
- Alabama (Huntsville) January 18-20, 2024 (deadline for performance and session applications: June 1, 2023)
- Colorado (Colorado Springs) January 24-27, 2024
- Missouri (city TBA) January 24-27, 2024 (call for proposals deadline: June 1, 2023)
- Georgia (Athens), January 25-27, 2024 (Research poster and session application deadline: September 15)
- Michigan (Grand Rapids) January 25-27, 2024
- California (Fresno) January 31-February 4, 2024
- Idaho (Nampa) January 31-February 3, 2024
- Minnesota (city TBA) February 15-17, 2024
- Ohio (Columbus) February 1-3, 2024
- Utah (city TBA) February 2-3, 2024
- Kentucky (Louisville) February 7-10, 2024
- Kansas (city TBA) February 22-24, 2024
Conferences are produced by each of the NAfME federated state associations throughout the year. Please visit this page to find your state’s website and more information.
As events from associated groups are announced, they will appear here.