Online Professional Development
for Music Educators by Music Educators
The NAfME Academy® is an online, on-demand catalog in the NAfME Learning Center with 100+ recorded webinars covering a wide range of content areas in music education. The NAfME Academy provides professional learning for teachers as they enhance their practice to better serve the diverse needs of their students. Learn about access, registration, and navigation below.
ACCESS TO THE NAfME ACADEMY:
*Click here to register for the NAfME Academy
- Members: Access to the NAfME Academy is now free for current members of NAfME, a member benefit (the first time you access it, you must register).
- Nonmembers: There is an annual subscription fee of $95 for non-members to access the NAfME Academy (registration is required).
- If your NAfME membership expired or you have never been a member click here to join/rejoin. (Note: Members in FL, PA, TN, and IN must renew through their state MEA before being able to access the Learning Center).
MEMBER AND NONMEMBER REGISTRATION FOR THE NAfME ACADEMY:
- If your membership is current, access the Academy by registering via the link above. The registration process will prompt you to log in to NAfME’s website.
- Nonmembers will be prompted to pay the $95 annual Academy subscription fee. (Nonmembers who do not have a record in NAfME’s database will be guided to sign up with NAfME first.) After completing the payment, you will get access to the Academy.
- For members and nonmembers, after you access the Academy for the first time, your content will be available to you anytime via the NAfME Learning Center link using your NAfME log in.
NAfME ACADEMY BASICS – CONTENT ACCESS AND CONTACT HOURS
- Once logged into the NAfME Academy, you will be able to view all courses/webinars, search for content by categories or key word search, and self-enroll in any Academy webinar that you like.
- Important note: you need to enroll in each “course” (recorded webinar) in the Academy. Once you find a course you want to access, click on Enroll to get more information about the course. Then, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Enroll again to get access to the course.
- Once you are enrolled in a webinar in the Academy, you can start and complete it at your own pace. You can see all your current courses under My Courses. The NAfME Learning Center will track your completion of each webinar. After watching a webinar, you will complete a professional learning survey, then gain access to a certificate of completion.
- The NAfME Learning Center will track and note all the professional learning you have achieved. You can view your progress by clicking on the Dashboard in the Learning Center and also see that information when you are logged into your NAfME membership profile.
- Note for teachers in New York State: NAfME is an Approved Sponsor (ID number 23288) of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) through the New York State Education Department (NYSED). To complete the CTLE form/process required for New York contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NAfME WEBINARS AND TOWN HALLS
NAfME’s Professional Learning and Partnerships Committee (PLPC) oversees NAfME’s annual programming of live and recorded webinars and town halls, identifies in-demand topic areas, convenes periodic calls for proposals, and reviews webinar proposals and current content.
- Click here to register for upcoming live NAfME webinars or submit a webinar proposal
If you have questions about the NAfME Academy, submitting a webinar proposal to the PLPC, or upcoming webinars/townhalls, contact John Donaldson, Assistant Executive Director for Professional Development and Publications, email@example.com.