New Year, New Administration, New Congress
With 2016 in the books, we transition not only to a new Presidential Administration, but also a new session of Congress. Thanks to music’s enumeration as part of a “Well-Rounded Education,” we accomplished a great deal for school music in the past year, but how does the transition affect our previous and ongoing work?
This archived webinar, discusses several topics regarding the new administration, including:
- President Trump’s Transition: The top education initiatives for the new Administration and what to expect from the President’s first State of the Union address, including his leading budget priorities.
- The 11th Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos: Background on the Secretary-Designate of Education, and how ESSA implementation, rulemaking, and guidance will be affected under the U.S. Department of Education’s new leadership.
- The Congressional Review Act (CRA): How Congress will come into the foray and roll back ESSA and higher education regulations issued by the Obama Administration.
- The Fiscal Year 2017 Appropriations Process: Appropriations for FY17 were never finalized and the federal government is currently functioning on a Continuing Resolution. How does this affect funding for ESSA’s well-rounded programs?
- NAfME’s New Advocacy Pages: Highlights and how to access NAfME’s revamped advocacy webpages. Find resources useful for current and future music educators, advocates, and parents.
Handouts and Materials from 2017 Federal Landscape Webinar –
Please complete the short quiz below to receive recognition for professional development valued at one contact hour: