Music has an important role in education. It’s collaborative, facilitates critical thinking, and allows students to better understand themselves and the world around them. This year, see how you can give students the inspiration they need to learn and create in different ways.
It’s our last year in Music City, and we’re out to make it our best yet! Join us, one last time in Naf-ville, for more than 300 innovative professional development sessions, nightly entertainment, extraordinary performances from across the country, a wild time at the Give a Note Extravaganza, and tons of networking and in-depth learning.
Some of the workshops include:
- Inspiring Creativity Through Jazz: Swing Style and Improvisation in Concert Band
- One Band. One Sound. One Family.: Developing Daily Routines to Achieve Organization and Inspiration
- Building Parent Support Through Parent Band Night!
- Trash to Treasure: Getting Old Horns Into Young Hands
- Peer Mentorship Programs: Fostering Inclusion and Enhancing Creativity in the Choral Classroom
- Who’s Drivin’ This Bus?: The Learner-Centered String Class
- The Mysterious “Head” Chart: Creating Performances with your Singers and Rhythm Section in No Time!
- For Collegiates: Hire Me! Proactive Tips for Landing Your First Music Teaching Job
- Compose Yourself: Start composing for your elementary classroom
- Improving Instruction through Improvisation
- I Suppose You Think This is Funny: Using Humor as Teaching Tool
- Performance Anxiety; Creative ways to address the white elephant in the room
- Turn Up the Heat: Make Arts Integration STEAM!
- Singing with Young Children: Using Folk Music to Enhance and Develop Curriculum, PreK-2nd grade
- All Uke Can Do: Enhancing General Music Through The Ukulele
- 30 iPad Apps in 60 Minutes
And so many more! Check out all the sessions.
Get ready for the most exciting, inspiring music education conference there is! Register today!
Catherina Hurlburt, Communications Manager, March 12, 2015. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)