Welcome to “Adapting Primary Sources to Build Responsive Musicians,” a webinar highlighting instructional units for multiple content strands in our National Music Standards. This presentation will share standards-based lessons utilizing varied inquiry strategies that support the ideals of a “flipped classroom” – one in which students have increased voice and choice in driving their learning.
These five shared units have been updated to accommodate distance learning platforms. All student handouts and assessments include fillable forms for electronic use, as well as embedded hyperlinks that access print and audio files from the Library of Congress and other sources.
- Chorus Responding Unit Intermediate Level
- General Music Responding Unit Grade 8
- Composition & Music Theory Responding Unit Proficient Level
- Band Responding Unit Accomplished Level
- Orchestra Responding Unit Proficient Level
These and many other units can be downloaded from the main Music Responding Curriculum Units page.