NAfME News and Publications
We encourage you to drop by this page often to learn what’s new, what’s relevant, and what’s making a difference for NAfME members. Scroll down to view all publications, news, and the blog.
NAfME publishes six periodicals. NAfME members can view back issues of all NAfME periodicals in their entirety at no charge. Visit the links on this page to login.
ADVERTISERS: Learn more about NAfME print and online advertising opportunities including the purchase of targeted direct mail lists.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS: To change your mailing address please go to our website (www.nafme.org) and click on Login at the top of the page, and choose “Manage Profile” on the banner at the top.
NAfME has published more than 100 book titles over the years, and continues to publish works that help fulfill the NAfME mission and strategic plan.
NAfME books cover a wide range of topics: national standards, curriculum and assessment, special needs, multicultural music and curriculum, band, chorus, general music, jazz, early childhood, history, philosophy, and symposium proceedings.
NAfME books are co-published by Rowman & Littlefield (R&L) of Lanham, Maryland.
The 2022-2023 NAfME Digital Catalog features the newest books from NAfME/RLE. Also, view a categorized list of selected NAfME books and read about our new releases.
For a complete list, visit the R&L website and select “Other Imprints & Co-Publishing Partners” or call R&L Customer Service at 800-462-6420. When ordering, remember to provide your NAfME membership information to receive the 25% discount.
Want to Write a Book for NAfME? Read the NAfME Book proposal guidelines.
Desk Copy Inquiries: Contact the R&L College Marketing Department at 1-800-273-5720.
Blog and Association News
NAfME members along with outside contributors who are music education experts offer an array of articles and resources in this music blog to support music educators and those who advocate for them. Interested in writing for us? Pitch your idea to email@example.com! (Music in a Minuet Blog Guidelines) Interested in reprinting an article? Please review our Reprint Permission Requirements.
Enjoy reading our blog posts? Check your NAfME Notes, the biweekly e-newsletter, for highlights. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. View the archives.
Categories of Interest
- General Music (Also see this link.)
- Choral (or Chorus)
- Special Learners
- Music Recruitment (also see Recruitment)
- Music Research
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Advocacy (also see the Advocacy Bulletin)
- Music in Our Schools Month® (MIOSM)
- Joseph Rutkowski
- Marvelene Moore
- Doreen Fryling
- Chris Thomas
- Mai Yamane
- Courtney Vance
- Wendy Sims
- Denese Odegaard
- Douglas Wertz
- Raymond Churchill
- Danni Schmitt
- Taniesha Hines (from Teaching Music)
- Susan Spafford (from Teaching Music)
- Cheryl Hartman (from Teaching Music)
- Keith Hancock
- Keith Hancock (from Teaching Music)
- David Dehner
- Elizabeth Hankins
- Richard Nickerson
- Nicole Thompson
- José Diaz
- Henry Miller
- Keith Hart, Sr.
- Thom Hannum (from Teaching Music)
- Melissa Morris (from Teaching Music)
- Wendy Sims (from Teaching Music)
- Argine Safari (from Teaching Music)
- Alice-Ann Darrow (from Teaching Music)
- Anjli Mata (from Teaching Music)
- Heather Nail (from Teaching Music)
- Emily McNeil (from Teaching Music)
- Lauren B. Lewis (from Teaching Music)
- Vanessa Bliley (from Teaching Music)
- Nicole Worzel (from Teaching Music)
- Curtis Gaesser
- Annette Lambrecht (from Teaching Music)
- Melissa Salguero
- Marisa Weinstein (from Teaching Music)
- Brandi Jason
- Alice Hammel (from Teaching Music)
- Darren McCoy
- Myra Rhoden (from Teaching Music)
- Fred Ritter (from Teaching Music)
- Kathleen D. Sanz (from Teaching Music)
- Debbie Cleveland (from Teaching Music)
- Harlow Alexander (from Teaching Music)
- Guy C. Wood (from Teaching Music)
- David Byrd (from Teaching Music)
- Carolyn Bennett (from Teaching Music)
- Frederick Burrack and Kelly A. Parkes (from Teaching Music)
- In Memoriam Michele Holt (from Teaching Music)
- John Weatherspoon
- Scott Sheehan
- Craig Snyder
- Amy Rangel
- Victor de los Santos
- Mickey Smith Jr.
- Jeremy Bradstreet
- Jeffery Redding
- Constance McKoy (from Teaching Music)
- Rob Deemer (from Teaching Music)
- David LaMorte (from Teaching Music)
- Chris Vadala (from Teaching Music)
In addition, members, if you’d like to share a story that might be worth adding to the blog, we’d like to hear it or see it!