We encourage you to drop by this page often to learn what’s new, what’s relevant, and what’s making a difference for NAfME members.
NAfME publishes six periodicals, two print (which are available online also) and four online only. NAfME members can view back issues of all NAfME periodicals in their entirety at no charge, except Journal of Research in Music Education (JRME). Back issues of JRME are available to subscribers. Visit the links on this page to login.
ADVERTISERS: Learn more about NAfME’s print and online advertising opportunities including the purchase of targeted direct mail lists.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS: To change your mailing address please go to our website (www.nafme.org) and click on Login at the top of the page, and choose “Manage Profile” on the banner at the top.
NAfME books cover a wide range of topics: national standards, curriculum and assessment, special needs, multicultural music and curriculum, band, chorus, general music, jazz, early childhood, history, philosophy, and symposium proceedings.
NAfME books are co-published by Rowman & Littlefield (R&L) of Lanham, MD.
For a complete list, visit the R&L website and select “Other Imprints & Co-Publishing Partners” or call R&L Customer Service at 800-462-6420. When ordering, remember to provide your NAfME membership information to receive the 25% discount.
Want to Write a Book for NAfME? Read the NAfME Book proposal guidelines.
Desk Copy Inquiries: Contact the R&L College Marketing Department at 1-800-273-5720.
Blog and Association News
Members: Interested in writing for us? Pitch your idea to email@example.com! (Music in a Minuet Blog Guidelines) Interested in reprinting an article? Please review our Reprint Permission Requirements.
Enjoy reading our blog posts? Sign up for NAfME eNews, the biweekly e-newsletter, for highlights.
Categories of Interest
- General Music (Also see this link.)
- Choral (or Chorus)
- Special Learners
- Music Recruitment
- Music Research
- Advocacy (also see the Advocacy Bulletin)
- Music in Our Schools Month® (MIOSM)
- Joseph Rutkowski
- Marvelene Moore
- Doreen Fryling
- Chris Thomas
- Mai Yamane
- Courtney Vance
- Wendy Sims
- Denese Odegaard
- Douglas Wertz
- Raymond Churchill
- Danni Schmitt
- Taniesha Hines (from Teaching Music)
- Susan Spafford (from Teaching Music)
- Cheryl Hartman (from Teaching Music)
- Keith Hancock
- Keith Hancock (from Teaching Music)
- David Dehner
- Elizabeth Hankins
- Richard Nickerson
- Nicole Thompson
- José Diaz
- Henry Miller
- Keith Hart, Sr.
- Thom Hannum (from Teaching Music)
- Melissa Morris (from Teaching Music)
- Wendy Sims (from Teaching Music)
- Argine Safari (from Teaching Music)
- Alice-Ann Darrow (from Teaching Music)
- Anjli Mata (from Teaching Music)
- Heather Nail (from Teaching Music)
- Emily McNeil (from Teaching Music)
- Lauren B. Lewis (from Teaching Music)
- Vanessa Bliley (from Teaching Music)
- Nicole Worzel (from Teaching Music)
- Curtis Gaesser
- Annette Lambrecht (from Teaching Music)
- Melissa Salguero
- Marisa Weinstein (from Teaching Music)
- Brandi Jason
- Alice Hammel (from Teaching Music)
- Darren McCoy
- Myra Rhoden (from Teaching Music)
- Fred Ritter (from Teaching Music)
- Kathleen D. Sanz (from Teaching Music)
- Debbie Cleveland (from Teaching Music)
- Harlow Alexander (from Teaching Music)
- Guy C. Wood (from Teaching Music)
- David Byrd (from Teaching Music)
- Carolyn Bennett (from Teaching Music)
- Frederick Burrack and Kelly A. Parkes (from Teaching Music)
- In Memoriam Michele Holt (from Teaching Music)
- John Weatherspoon
- Scott Sheehan
- Craig Snyder
- Amy Rangel
- Victor de los Santos
- Mickey Smith Jr.
- Jeremy Bradstreet
- Jeffery Redding
In addition, members, if you’d like to share a story that might be worth adding to the blog, we’d like to hear it or see it!
Questions? E-mail Catherina Hurlburt, Marketing Communications Manager.