Friday, April 10th is National Siblings Day!
Every year on April 10th, the world celebrates National Sibling Day. As the name suggests, the holiday honors your brothers and sisters (and those who are just like siblings)! This year, we’re celebrating the 18th annual National Sibling Day by honoring 18 musical groups with sibling band members! Who are your favorites? Are we missing any? Share with us in the comment section!
Here’s a list of other musical groups with sibling band members:
- Malcolm and Angus Young (of AC/DC)
- Alex and Eddie Van Halen (of Van Halen)
- The Isley Brothers
- Noel and Liam Gallagher (of Oasis)
- Ray and Dave Davies (of The Kinks)
- Don and Phil Everly (of The Everly Brothers)
- Carnie Wilson,Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips (of Wilson Phillips)
- Mel and Kim
- Ron and Scott Asheton – musicians and members of The Stooges
- Kevin and Michael Bacon
- Chris and Rich Robinson (of The Black Crowes)
- Gerard Way and Mikey Way (of My Chemical Romance)
- Francis Edward Bache, composer and musician; Walter Bache, pianist and conductor; and Constance Bache, composer, pianist and teacher
- Maurice and Verdine White (of Earth, Wind and Fire)
- Ricky and Cindy Wilson (of The B-52’s)
- Joe, Nick, and Kevin Jonas (of the Jonas Brothers)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips
- Jim and Scott Asheton (of Iggy and the Stooges)
- Karen and Richard Carpenter (of the Carpenters)
- Eddie, Eugene, Elizabeth, Haini, Kathi, Leroy, Moana, and Rudy Wolfgramm (of the Jets)
- Isaac, Taylor, and Zac Hanson (of Hanson)
- Jared and Shannon Leto (of 30 Seconds to Mars)
- Tegan and Sara Quin (of Tegan and Sara)
- Win and Will Butler (of Arcade Fire)
- Este, Danielle, and Alana Haim (of Haim)
- The Willis Family
- Johanna and Klara Söderberg (of First Aid Kit)
- Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh; Bob and Gerald Casale (of Devo)
- Jonathan and Jordan Knight (of New Kids on the Block)
- Colin and Jonny Greenwood (of Radiohead)
Happy National Siblings Day!
Did this blog spur new ideas for your music program? Share them on Amplify! Interested in reprinting this article? Please review the reprint guidelines.
The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) provides a number of forums for the sharing of information and opinion, including blogs and postings on our website, articles and columns in our magazines and journals, and postings to our Amplify member portal. Unless specifically noted, the views expressed in these media do not necessarily represent the policy or views of the Association, its officers, or its employees.
Kristen Rencher. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)