November 25-28, 2018
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Applications for the 2018 All-National Honor Ensembles CLOSED on May 4, 2018 at 9:00 PM EDT.
Students who applied will be notified of their application status late-June via email.
2018 Program Information
- 2018 ANHE FAQ
- Register for the 2018 ANHE Directors Academies
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Watch past performances
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The ensembles will meet at the Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Jazz Ensemble, conducted by Todd Stoll
- Mixed Choir, conducted by Dr. Amanda Quist
- Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Jean Montès
- Concert Band, conducted by Dennis Glocke
- Guitar *New this year*, conducted by Dr. Michael Quantz
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, guitar, or instrumental ensemble during the 2018-2019 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- Be accepted to their state’s 2017-2018 All-State Festival.
- In the case of guitar, many states do not have an All-State Guitar Ensemble. Students who participate in their school’s guitar ensemble program are permitted to apply.
- If there isn’t an All-State Festival held during the 2017-2018 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Students must audition on the part for which they were accepted in their 2017-2018 All-State Festival.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) program is made by the student’s state Music Education Association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
- You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the REQUIRED REPERTOIRE for your instrument or voice part.
- Wind and Brass instruments are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Please note there is an option to upload an additional 2-minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. This second video is not required.
- This must be a VIDEO audition.
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org