November 7-10, 2019
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The 2019 ensembles will meet at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
2019 ANHE ENSEMBLES
- Jazz Ensemble
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Concert Band
- Guitar Ensemble
2019 ANHE PROGRAM
- 2019 ANHE Save the Date
- 2019 ANHE Cancellation Policy
- Audition repertoire will be available by January 11, 2019
2019 AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Be a member of their school’s choral, string, guitar, or instrumental ensemble during the 2019-2020 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which they are applying.
- School ensemble directors must be a current, active member of NAfME (cannot be an associate or retired member). Member ID will be required for the 2019 ANHE Application.
- Be accepted to their state’s 2018-2019 All-State Festival.
- In the case of guitar, many states do not have an All-State Guitar Ensemble. Students who participate in their school’s guitar ensemble program are permitted to apply.
- If there isn’t an All-State Festival held during the 2018-2019 academic year, the 2017-2018 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Students may only audition for the part and ensemble for which they were accepted in their 2018-2019 All-State Festival.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) program is made by the student’s state Music Education Association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
2019 Application Guidelines
- You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the required repertoire for your instrument or voice part.
- Wind, Brass, and Percussion instruments are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Please note there is an option to upload an additional 2-minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. This second video is not required.
- This must be a VIDEO audition.
2018 ANHE PROGRAM
- Order 2018 ANHE CD/DVDs
- 2018 ANHE Cancellation Policy
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org