November 26-29, 2017
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Walt Disney World
All applicants for the 2017 ANHE program have been notified via the email address provided on the application.
Please see below for important program information.
2017 Program Information
- 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles Rosters
- 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles Main Press Release
- 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles Schedule
- Program Information Sheet
*This includes student payment instructions, deadlines, arrival and departure details, hotel, concerts, Disney Park Ticket options, and more!
- ANHE Chaperone Applications were due FRIDAY, AUGUST 11
*Chaperones will be notified by August 25 whether or not they were selected.
- School Acknowledgement Form – DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
- Student Medical Form – DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
- Student Transportation Form – DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
- Purchase Disney Park Passes
- Parent and Guests Activities Package
- Professional Development Directors’ Academies
Sponsored by Conn Selmer and Hal Leonard
- Are you a college or university? Exhibit at the ANHE College Fair.
- 2017 ANHE Press Release
- 2017 ANHE Concert CD/DVD Order Form
- 2017 ANHE Photo Order Form (coming soon!)
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Watch past performances
2017 All-National Honor Ensembles Conductors
Dr. T. André Feagin, Director of Bands and Assistant Professor of Music, Coastal Carolina University
Dr. Margery Deutsch, Professor Emeritus, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Dr. Z. Randall Stroope, Professor of Music and Director of Choral/Vocal Studies, Oklahoma State University
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The ensembles will meet at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Concert Band
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Ensemble
- Be in grade 9, 10 or 11 during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Attend school in one of the 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their state’s 2016-2017 All-State Festival.
- If there isn’t an All-State Festival held during the 2016-2017 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Educators Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble during the 2016-2017 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made. And be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble during the 2017-2018 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which you are accepted and will perform.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
This must be a VIDEO audition.
You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the required repertoire for your instrument or voice part. Please find repertoire requirements below.
There is the option of uploading an additional 2 minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. The second video is not required.
Wind and Brass Instruments are automatically considered for Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org