November 25-28, 2018
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
2018 Program Information
- Applications open: January 12, 2018
- Applications close: May 4, 2018 at 9:00 PM ET
- 2017 ANHE Concert CD/DVD Order Form
- 2017 ANHE Photo Order Form
- Find information on past NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles
- Watch past performances
The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) represent the top performing high school musicians in the United States. So much more than a musical ensemble; it is a comprehensive, musical and educational experience.
The ensembles will meet at the Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida under the baton of leaders in the field of music education. The NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles are represented in the following components:
- Jazz Ensemble
- Mixed Choir
- Symphony Orchestra
- Concert Band
- Guitar *New this year*
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their state’s 2017-2018 All-State Festival.
- If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2017-2018 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, guitar, or instrumental ensemble during the 2018-2019 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) program is made by the student’s state Music Education Association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
- You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the REQUIRED REPERTOIRE for your instrument or voice part.
- Wind and Brass instruments are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Please note there is an option to upload an additional 2-minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. This second video is not required.
- This must be a VIDEO audition.
- Email: HonorEnsembles@nafme.org