2021 ALL-NATIONAL HONOR ENSEMBLES
Updated April 26, 2021
- Each state will receive a quota based upon the number of active NAfME members in their state. This quota must be filled first unless a particular state does not provide enough student applications for each ensemble.
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor a particular All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Each state will provide the NAfME Staff and the ANHE General Chair a ranking (by instrument and/or voice part) of their students who have applied. These rankings must be followed during the selection process (i.e.: the selection committee cannot select a 3rd ranked clarinet from MA over the 1st ranked clarinet from MA.). If All-State rankings are not available as the primary ranking criteria, the state MEA may use students’ audition media to determine rank.
- Each student applicant will submit an audition to be used for part assignments and/or to fill any seats that are vacant due to a lack of applications from a particular state. The auditions will not supersede the state quotas or the state rankings.
- All woodwinds, brass, and percussion applications are considered for both band and orchestra. Harp and Piano auditions may be considered for band and/or orchestra based upon repertoire requirements.